Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
This recipe is gluten, dairy, and soy free.
Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
1/2 cup flour
1 quart milk
1 stick butter or margarine
2 1/2 oz jar of dried beef, cut into small pieces
4 1/2 oz sliced mushrooms
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- Make cream sauce of flour, milk, and margarine. Add dried beef and mushrooms. Scramble eggs and evaporated milk and cook.
- Put 1/2 of eggs into sprayed 9 X 13 pan. Cover with half of cream sauce. Add rest of eggs, then last of sauce. Top with cumbled bacon.
- Can be refrigerated overnight. Bake at 375 for an hour.
2 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
1 package chocolate or mint chips
1 tsp vanilla
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add sugar gradually. Beat until very stiff. Add vanilla and chips. Drop onto greased cookie sheet by teaspoonfuls. Put into oven that has been preheated to 375 degrees. Turn off the oven!! Leave in over from 4-6 hours without peeking!!!
- Makes 4 dozen beautiful meringue-type cookies.
Veggie / Chip Dip
Try this dip recipe from Darlene. She uses the light version of these ingredients and her family loves it!!
/2 quart Hellmann's real mayo
12 oz small curd cottage cheese
8 oz sour cream
2 pkgs Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- Mix ingredients together and refrigerate overnight. Keeps for 3 weeks refreigerated.
- *Very important not to substitute any of these ingredients.*
"Light" Creamy Lemon Pie
This pie can be baked and frozen for up to 2 weeks. Defrost and serve chilled.
6 whole reduced fat cinnamon graham crackers
2 Tbsp butter
11 oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crush graham crackers until fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a small bowl.
- Melt butter and pour over graham cracker crumbs, mixing until completely moistened. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom of a 9-inch pie dish and place in refreierator.
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk and eggs; mix until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest; mix then pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely and for best flavor, serve chilled.
Praline Pumpkin Cake
Try this low-cal pecan-topped pumpkin cake!!
15 oz canned pumpkin
12 oz fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
white cake mix (not prepared)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat bottom and sides of a 13 X 9 X 2 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Stir pumpkin, milk, egg substitute, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice together until smooth; pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture and gently press it into pumpkin mixture to moisten. Sprinkle cake with pecans and then drizzle margarine evenly over top.
- Bake, uncovered, until knife inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 50-60 min.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie
Create this tasty apple pie with a crisp, nutty topping. There's no crust to roll!!
3 cups sliced peeled apples (3 large)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 TBS butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBS firm butter or margarine
- Heat overn to 325. Grease 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Mix apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg and place in pie plate.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining filling ingredients until well blended. Pour over apple mixture.
- In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients until cumbly, and sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 40-45 min or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
Pecan French Toast
Try this yummy recipe from Karen!
1 - 16 oz Loaf French Bread
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups half & half
1 tsp vanilla, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and 1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 TBS corn or maple syrup
1 cup chopped pecans
- Grease 9X13 dish, slice French bread into 1 inch slices, layer bread in dish. Mix eggs, milk, half & half, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Pour mixture over bread slices. Refrigerate covered overnight.
- Next day, make topping, spread over bread mixture. Bake uncovered until puffed and golden, about 40 minutes at 350. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Strawberries and Cream Dessert Squares
Try this with fresh strawberries!
Crust: 1 pkg sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
Filling: 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
Topping: 4 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup water
10 to 12 drops red food color, if desired.
- Heat oven to 350. Spray bottom only of 13 X 9 pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, and egg until soft dough forms. Press evenly in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- In small bowl, microwave baking chips uncovered on high for 45 to 60 seconds, or until chips are melted and can be stirred smooth. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in melted chips until blended. Spread mixture over crust. Refrigerate while making topping.
- In small bowl, crush 1 cup of the strawberries and 1/3 cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in food color. Cool 10 minutes. Gently stir in remaining 3 cups strawberries. Spoon topping over filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Serve within 4 hours. Store covered in refrigerator.
Try this tasty treat!
1 lb bulk sausage
1 8-count pkg crescent rolls
1 cup frozen hash browns thawed
1 cup shredded cheese
1/8 tsp pepper
2 T Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
- Cook sausage and drain. Separate crescent rolls and press out on a greased pizza pan. Spoon sausage over crust, sprinkle with thawed hash browns, and top with shredded cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and pour over cheese. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over pizza. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375.
Try this for an easy supper tonight!
1 1/2 - 2 lbs. ground beeef or chicken
1 med. onion, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes and chiles
1/2 - 1 c. picante sauce
1 can diced chiles
1 tsp. chilli powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 c grated cheese (cheddar and/or Monterey Jack)
1 pkg. flour totillas
- Brown beef and onion, drain. Add next 7 ingredients and simmmer until warm. Layer in crockpot: 1/3 of meat mixture, 2-3 tortillas, 1/3 of cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream and grated cheese.